comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2007-12-15

mid-month theme: subway day

Without signs giving us directions we'd be all lost in the subway. Communicating clearly to many people with different backgrounds, languages, references is a challenge. This was shot at T-Rådhuset underneath the Stockholm Court House. The blue dot symbolizes the "blue line" which is actually two distinct lines, both starting at the city centre and ending in, respectively, Akalla and Hjulsta.

Be sure to visit our friends in New York and Paris. More subway photos on plenty.

subway day is a mid-month theme shared by the following blogs:
New York City Daily Photo - PHO (Paris) - stockholm by pixels

others on
andra om stockholm tunnelbana

Rådhuset Station (map) 5 Dec 2007

9 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

Cool photo! I like the typography of the sign.

stromsjo said...

The typography is real nice, I agree. Our subway system isn't frightfully complex but we've got 100 stations so it'd take a while to visit them all. Incidentally, that reddish thing behind and above the sign is the roof over the platform. Solid rock which has been painted in the colour of the station.

Pat said...

Great shot of a sign!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photos
Pat's Pics
Photography Cafe

Andrea Gerák said...

I also like these rocky caves.

Missed the Subway Day... I was about to post some Budapest subway pix when I visited your blog and realized that there was a theme but I didn't have a photo for that... No problem, another time!

stromsjo said...

Rocky caves, indeed. Those were the words I was looking for... We'd love to see more of the Budapest subway, please make that a New Year's promise, Andrea! :)

Pat: It's a bit blurred but I do like the angle!

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Sorry it's difficult to send post about subway from my village. All I can do is to send you greetings from a retired civil servant from the Parisian Metropolitain (you know the guys unknown as long as they are not on strike !).
Le poinçonneur des Lilas.

Andrea Gerák said...

Oh Per, I don't make New Year's promises, but I will go around with my little camera and shoot in the Budapest subway :-)

stromsjo said...

Deslilas: A village subway, that would be something to post about! ;) Appreciate your greeting and your point about being unknown as long as everything works smoothly.

As a matter of fact I don't make New Year's promises either, Andrea. But do bring that camera!

Thanks all for commenting. Here
are more subway photos from other lenses.

Peter said...

If you look on my post, you will see that there is another blogger who would like to joint the "subway day"!

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!