comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2007-11-22

water week: water on water

The Liljeholmsbadet pontoon public bath was inaugurated in 1929. It was built in Nyköping some 100 kilometers south of Stockholm and towed to its place at Hornstull. The pool is 17 meters long and the temperature always 30 degrees centigrade.

water week - seven days to celebrate a city by the water

others on
.
andra om stockholm vatten

5 comments:

maria elisa said...

beautiful....

:)

Pia K said...

Lovely picture!

I have lots of childhood memories from this public bath, since I lived in the neighbourhood until I was about five - and after that we regulary visited relatives and took a dip in that pool now and then. Can't say I particulary liked it, I'm not much for swimming and pools, but I do like the idea of it:)

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

How lucky you are !
Water week was Stockholm week.

stromsjo said...

The striking quality of this photo is the tranquility. Get this, we're in the middle of a fairly big city! You sure captured a golden moment, Peter.

Bernt Seipl said...

Yep, I agree with Per. This is a stunningly good picture. Wish I had taken it myself. Who knows - I might some day....

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!