comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2007-03-11

the Office

I hope the King has an office that is a bit more modern than the facing of the Royal Palace. On the other hand I'm glad that the facing of the palace isn't modern. The palace is built in baroque style by Nicodemus Tessin and is formed like a Roman palace.
others on
.
Det Kungliga Slottet, byggt i barockstil av Nicodemus Tessin d. y . Då slottet har 600 rum är man glad att man inte ansvarar för städningen...

5 comments:

stromsjo said...

Nice one, Stefan.

There’s been a lot of debate about whether and how to light up this and other façades in the city but it doesn’t look too bad here, does it?

Stefan said...

Thanks!
I think the buildings, and the city, looks better when they are lit up.

Dsole said...

And it's really huge! I wonder how many rooms it has... If someday I'go to Stockholm I'll ask your king for accomodation... I'm sure he has some space for me ;)
By the way, nice reflections!

Kiwi said...

The castle has some 600 rooms, and I'm sure he will let you use one of them as he and his family is living in another castle just outside Stockholm.

Dsole said...

Oh, in Madrid it happens the same! there is huge Royal Palace in the city centre but they live in Zarzuela's palace which is outside Madrid... it's nice to know there will be a little room for me :)

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!