comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2010-01-14

silent raspberries


Ever listened to the sound of walking in cold snow? If not - just hop over to waves for a moment.

Walk up these stairs and before long you're in Hallonbergen ("Raspberry Mountains"). The raspberries themselves are unfortunately out of stock due to the season but it does look rather spiffy anyhow, don't you agree?

Ursviksvägen, Sundbyberg (map) 18 December 2009

9 comments:

VP said...

I like the bluish light of this picture. About the sound I have ti trust memories...

Tinsie said...

Definitely spiffy!!

Halcyon said...

Cold is more the description that comes to my mind!

stromsjo said...

Raspberries are very vigorous and can be locally invasive, according to Wikipedia.

VP: And there's a sound clip as well, for the benefit of refreshing our memories.

Tinsie: Not for much longer, though. I guess we're in for a moist and muddy period after an entire month of winter.

Halcyon: A fitting description for this particular day. My fingers did not appreciate the excursion at all.

Glad to have you all for company in the snow.

Lowell said...

I think this is a delightful photo, but don't really want to experience that kind of snow again.

I'll visit in the summer or whenever the raspberries are in season!

Unknown said...

I don't know what the sound is, but I know I like the blue and white combination here! Wonderful sun light!

VP said...

Sorry, I missed it... Thanks!

arabesque said...

the whole thing looks so blue and still snowy! ^0^

stromsjo said...

If anyone wonders where I stole the title idea, here's a classic clip with a distinct Swedish twist from the Muppets.

Jacob: Early August should be the right time for catching those raspberries.

JM: You might want to check out the sound clip we've provided, just follow the link.

VP: So many links - so little time...

arabesque: And entirely unlike today. The melting isn't underway quite yet but those roads are messy.

Thanks guys.

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!