comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2008-02-12

ice, please

Looking back from the Djurgården Bridge we see Strandvägen. It's a prominent boulevard, passing along the water and offering some of the most fashionable residential houses on posh Östermalm. If anyone wonders why there's no winter to be seen, so do we.
.
Nå't slags vårkänslor på Tjugondag Knut
andra om stockholm djurgården östermalm

Djurgårdsbron (map) 13 Jan 2008

8 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Actually, Per, what I mind about "winter" is not winter itself, but the associated low light levels. I like snow and sun ... especially together. And I like intense saturated colors like you captured in this photo of the harbor. Nicely done.

 gmirage said...

It's a little weird really that there aint much snow...the old folks always complain that this is not winter!

Lena Möre said...

I long for summer, thanks for giving me hope with this photo, Per!

Fredrik said...

Nice capture! I agree with lena. I've givin' up on the cold, icy winter by now. I say: let it be spring!

stromsjo said...

I believe we had the coldest morning so far this "winter" today but apparently it's going to change back within the next couple of days so - no - still no sight of winter. It *is* weird, G_Mirage.

I'm not the biggest fan of summer, Lena, but I do long for more daylight and a bit more warmth as well so let's agree with Chuck and Fredrik on that.

Thanks all for stopping by!

Andrea Gerák said...

Hej Per, greety still from Budapest! I spent all my winter here - and sometimes we had colder weather than you had in Stockholm...

Andrea Gerák said...

oops, greety means greetz. Becoy' on the Hungarian kezboard thez are changed, y and z... :D

stromsjo said...

Good to hear from you Andrea. Well, you certainly didn't miss any winter up here as of yet - that's for sure. Take care of that keyboard!

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!