comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2008-09-13

nocturne for hammarby

While most people in the inner city were preoccupied with a midnight running event, the enlightened few ;) admired a lunar eclipse. So Hammarby sjöstad had to shimmer on its own for a while without celestial assistance.

Hammarby sjöstad (map) 16 August 2008 | others bloggar

7 comments:

Diederick Wijmans said...

An excellent photo!

Unknown said...

Shot during the eclipse?! Beautiful!!! Glad you were one of the iluminated! :-)

I'm with you, I allways say 'Why haven't I think of something so simple (as the whale)?'... But I guess I'm just not the kind of 'artistic soul' man... LOL!

Lena Möre said...

Jag är för feg för nattliga promenader så tack för UPP-LYSNINGEN!

Tinsie said...

Fab photo! I love it.

stromsjo said...

Thanks, Blognote!

I'm not much for following astronomical events, JM, but this one was just too easy. Went on for hours and occurred at prime time on a Saturday night. On top of that, clear skies and a nice warm evening. Oh, and it was full moon too...

Lena: Jag känner som du och någon gång kan det vara lite läskigt men Stockholm är nog en rätt harmlös stad att nattströfva i, jämförelsevis.

Appreciate that, Tinsie.

Thanks guys for stopping by. Your visits and comments make it all worthwhile, snapping photos at the oddest of hours.

Carrie Flicka said...

Wow, what a beautiful sight. Not the eclipse so much, but the city all lit up. It speaks to me. I'm starting to take Swedish classes and when I can even half way speak Svenska, I will be here to see this for myself.

stromsjo said...

Before January 2007 we used to write in Swedish here on pixels so you might want to try reading some of those older posts, Carrie. Good luck with those classes!

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!