comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2007-09-14

one famous ship

Inside of this museum lies the Vasa-ship. Once it was a not so good token of the Swedish craftsmanship, since it sank on it's virgin-tour. Today it's a "must see" for most tourists. This was a rather unfamiliar view for me, taken during a tour on a Segway, the strange vehicle that reacts to the way your body shifts the weight on the platform you stand on. It was great fun to ride.

Vasa-museet från en annorlunda sida. Åtminstone för mig som oftast sett det från vattnet. På en Segway hinner man runt Djurgården rätt snabbt och ser mer än man tror. Jättekul leksak. Hoppas verkligen att Vägverket tänker om och godkänner den.

8 comments:

stromsjo said...

I'm not sure whether it's a toy or a vehicle. Not the ship, I'm referring to that other thing! Apparently our road authorities are having similar difficulties and won't approve it. Not just yet, anyhow.

Lena Möre said...

Why did you test that vehicle, Bernt?

Ming the Merciless said...

I tried riding the Segway a couple months ago and it was definitely weird but fun.

Coltrane_lives said...

If I were there, I'd love to check this out. Looks like a gas!

Bernt Seipl said...

Lena: I have been wanting to do it for a long time, and finally did it. It looks so funny, going around like that, and it was. I promise. A totally different feeling. I think that the last time I had that feeling, was when I was small - riding a bike. Getting to places where you usually need to walk, but much faster. A bit strange until you get comfortable with the handling of it, though, but you will do that rather quickly.

Lena Möre said...

Bernt; Now I understand, I will think of it myself. Looks like a good thing to feel young.

Z said...

It seems the Segway tours are becoming popular in different parts of the world. No, don't know of any in CH yet, but another DPer somewhere in the US, had a photo of such a tour in his/her city. I would like to try one out.

stromsjo said...

And here's one from HD Schellnack as well.

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!