comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2009-03-26

royal parking

Multi-storey car park in Kungens kurva ("King's Curve"). The name has its story: On 28 September 1946, king Gustav V and friends were on their way home from a hunt at the Tullgarn Palace south of Stockholm. It is rumoured that the king pushed the driver to 'step on it', eventually the Cadillac skidded off the road and ended up in a ditch. The king was uninjured and the driver was saluted for his resourcefulness.

Kungens kurva (map) 15 March 2009 | others bloggar

3 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

what a name and what a story. I am glad you are enjoying the cactus on my site. And yes, cactus actually need water. I water them about once a week. some cactus in my yard can go two to three weeks without water. thanks for your comments!

humanobserver said...

I wish you could have shown us some more images of this parking.

cieldequimper said...

I can't see a curve!!! ;-) I like the angle.

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!