comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2009-04-21

what a relief!

Here is a work of art, strangely unknown. So many people have passed this relief in the cultural centre Kulturhuset. It was created by Rolf Blylods in 1971. Alright, this particular angle is a bit odd but I had to catch your attention somehow. See more?

Kulturhuset (map) 30 March 2009 | others bloggar

8 comments:

Hilda said...

Unusual piece of artwork. The texture is amazing.

But also kind of icky, to be honest…

cieldequimper said...

I like the angle, otherwise we wouldn't appreciate the extraordinary texture.

Julie said...

It looks a bit like melted plastic. I like the mix of colours.

Kiwi said...

Icky is the word!

Unknown said...

The angle may be a little odd but I like it! Nevertheles I had to click on the link to see the whole thing :-)

stromsjo said...

I like the relief (which is more than I can say about a lot in this cultural centre) but I agree about the extreme angle being a bit provocative. Like it was intended to be...

Hilda: Highly unusual. Oddly, I haven't been able to find out much about this artist.

cieldequimper: I guess the angle is more informative than attractive...

Julie: I was also thinking plastic but this is in fact a stone relief.

Peter Fristedt: And next to the restrooms, now what kind of a statement is that?

Thanks for stopping by!

Lowell said...

It looks like...oh, never mind.

stromsjo said...

You don't say, Jacob! Well, maybe from some angles...

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!