comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2008-06-22

gatekeeping

Taking you (and your boat) to a new level, the 75 meters long Karl Johanslussen ("Lock of Charles John") acts as an interface between the two water bodies Lake Mälaren and Saltsjön. Here is one of the sluice gates in action. Mind your head!

Slussen (map) 23 May 2008 | others bloggar

5 comments:

Järnladyn said...

Intressant! Senast igår var jag vid Bergs slussar i Göta Kanal. Där kan man verkligen tala om nivåskillnader! Men det är en helt annan typ av sluss.

Anonymous said...

I do visit and I do comment and I was here. I did look at your picture(s) and I did read what you wrote about them. I could say how great you are and how beautiful your work is but alas I would soon run out of things to say on the next blog I visited, so I just left this to prove I stopped and said a few words on Sunday. Amazing.

My Rheumatoid Arthritis hurts so I am using the same message for all.

Lena Möre said...

Abraham!
Hope you feel better soon!

Ming the Merciless said...

Cool photo. It is amazing what humans can create to link two different water masses.

stromsjo said...

This is robust 7x24 technology and I guess it hasn't changed a whole lot over the years.

I agree, Ming, it's amazing. I've never traveled by boat through one of these.

Järnladyn: Se där ja, Bergs slussar blåste jag förbi i buss för några år sedan men hann inte kliva ur. Finns ju mer att se där på platsen också, för övrigt.

Thanks all for stopping by.

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!