comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2008-10-12

night watch

Inside St Jacob church beds are lined up as part of the performance installation Nattpass (Night watch). It is ok for anyone to spend the night in a bed in the church - they even give you a toothbrush and a piece of soap. You get to sleep till seven o'clock in the morning.

Nattpass: a performance installation by Linn Lamberg and Stefan Åkesson.

St Jakobs kyrka (map) 10 October 2008 | others bloggar

9 comments:

Lena Möre said...

A very good idea, I am pleased you gave us this picture, a working church.

Tinsie said...

I'm not sure I get it. Why are people staying at the church? To guard it? Or just for fun?

Lena Möre said...

Because they are homeless!

Unknown said...

That is really cool!!! But I wonder if the artist gets many 'customers'... I would rather sleep in my bed, but I think that is a fantastic idea! :-)
Is there a taping system or something of the kind making also part of the instalation?

Anonymous said...

That's nice.

Paz

Kiwi said...

Lena: I wouldn't know Lena. As it was an art installation I guess homeless as well as other people came and slept in the church.

Jm: As far as I know there was no monitoring. A couple of volunteers stayed the night to keep an eye on things.

Thanks all for stopping by.

Jane Hards Photography said...

A veey powerful image and wonderful use of light.

Lena Möre said...

Mamma Mia! I could not think in other ways than that this was for homeless people. I have memories since 1970 and Bullkyrkan, I thought it was something like Alternativ Jul...

Pia K said...

That's a really lovely, serene photo, and nice kind of installation too.

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!