comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2008-10-09

rock-a-bye RIBs

Rigid-inflatable boats (RIB) propelled by outboard motors offer a noisy alternative for tourists who want to catch a glimpse of the archipelago without spending too much time. This particular service is available from May to September. In the background, the Museum of Far Eastern Antiquities.

Skeppsholmsbron (map) 25 September 2008 | others bloggar

5 comments:

Pia K said...

That's a nice autumn capture. I've never been on a rib-boat, on the one hand it sounds like a whole lot of fun - on the other hand it moves very fast ON WATER, not my favourite place to be if something would *tocuh wood* happen...

Unknown said...

It must be cool taking one of those boats but I think I would prefer to spend more time to visit the archipelago, I'm sure it is worth it.
The museum in the background surely houses some fantastic stuff...

Halcyon said...

I guess prices have gone up for the boat rides since petrol has become so expensive.

I do like a nice boat ride, but I prefer the slow, lazy method. :)

Tinsie said...

That's a great idea! I'll certainly give it a try if I'm ever in Stockholm in the summer months.

stromsjo said...

Neither have I, Pia. Since I haven't tried it I can't really know but I imagine it's not the ideal way to experience beauty and tranquility.

JM: The archipelago is really worth spending some time. It's sort of a trademark of Stockholm, a city built on and around water.

Halcyon: It's off-season at the moment so we can conserve some petrol. I too prefer the lazy method... ;)

Tinsie: Did you try one of these elsewhere?

Thanks guys!

Let me add that while I'm not inclined to board one of these I fully respect that people who only have a day or two here will try to make the most of their stay and maybe this is just right for them.

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!