comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2009-07-24

fifty-seven channels and nothin' on

In 1992 Bruce Springsteen sang Fifty-seven channels and nothin' on. Still, according to sources Swedes bought 875000 new sets last year. That's 10 people on every new set. Perhaps there's something on after all? Nah, I doubt it.

Barkarby handelsplats (map) 11 July 2009

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

The weird thing is that over the last couple of years I have been watching many TV shows on my computer screen, go figure!

VP said...

I rarely watch TV, I use the big set only for DVD when I'm not alone.
Like Steffe I use my laptop for most of the other things I see.

B SQUARED said...

In Economics, it refers to more being less.

Halcyon said...

Do you have a TV tax in Sweden? We had that in France. I always thought it was crap to pay for five channels that never showed anything good!

Unknown said...

Very cool shot and title choice too!

Kiwi said...

@Halcyon: Yes we have, but it's not a tax as it's not taken up by - or to - the state. Everyone who owns, rents or borrows a television receiver has to pay a license fee. This pays for public service radio and television. As of 1 January, 2009, the TV License fee is SEK 2076 per year (EUR 190).

@JM: And a cool song too. One of his best I would say.

Anonymous said...

life without TV ? I can't think of it ...

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!