comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2009-07-12

road warriors

Having a work meeting at a café in Old Town. It's a good idea to get out of the office and be inspired - if you have an office to get out of. In a city like Stockholm there are many professionals that don't have an office. They move around cafés and restaurants and in public places. These so called road warriors have everything they need in their laptop computer and the cell phone makes them always available.

Gamla stan (map) 8 July 2009

11 comments:

B SQUARED said...

My, how the world has changed.

Jilly said...

Love this post. Yes, that's how it is and you've illustrated it so beautifully in this cafe scene.

Leif Hagen said...

Hejsan! Road warriors i Gamla Stan! Vilken interessant foto! Tack ska du ha!

Pia K said...

My professional goal in life, I'd really, really love to have a job like that! Minus the "always available" bit of course.

Lowell said...

Fascinating! And a great photo. I'd like to know what these two are "working" on...

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

I knew Gamla Stan without the road warriors especially a French restaurant "la Ronde".

Halcyon said...

I wish I could work that way!

Tinsie said...

I'd never heard of road warriors. How interesting!

VP said...

Interesting story and nice photo.
I can't be a road warrior: age limits and I hate cellphones, mine included.

Anonymous said...

Nice photo. I like the idea of meeting in the cafes, etc...

Paz

Kiwi said...

Yes, what are they doing? I think it's some kind of 'creative work'.

Myself I'm not sure this would suit me. On the one hand: freedom and probably more efficient work done. On the other hand: I would miss my colleagues at the office. Could I do both?

@Vogon Poet: I like that: "I hate cellphones, mine included".

Good of you to stop by!

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!