comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2007-05-07

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?

"The million program was a platform for politics, housing research and industrial methods of production. The result was large-scale housing development with good basic qualities but all the houses were built with some uniformity."
Read more at the Stockholm City Museum
.
Det våras vid Gullingeplan. Dags att kliva ut ur skuggan.

4 comments:

Z said...

Nice way to incorporate some character with the shadow of the tree in the photo. I'm amused by the "some uniformity" phrasing. Understatement? I went to the museum website you linked to. I felt like I was intruding, looking at that candid family photo.

Ming the Merciless said...

We have a game show on TV called, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

I am going for an audition on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

stromsjo said...

z: Depending on who you ask, it could be an understatement. The suburbs of the ”million program” have been subject to criticism for decades and all sorts of social problems have been attributed to the architecture. A bit unfair, really.

ming(tm): Yep, I borrowed their title. The show has been aired over here as well. Had no idea you’re appearing. Good luck!! Let us know when you plan on retiring to start blogging full-time… :)

Fredrik said...

Personally I think you've portrayed that the "million program" today is just a shadow of it's former self. I think it's a really strong and emotional picture. Good work!

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!