comments on pixels

to readers, guest photographers and co-authors, thanks for five exciting years of pixels !

A more updated relative to Stockholm by Pixels is here: stockholmbypixels.se

2009-08-19

Helenes by the lock

This is one of my favourite Stockholm bars. Located at Slussen (the lock or sluice) right in the middle of town, you get the real under-the-bridges-near-water Stockholm experience. The food is simple bordering to bar snacks, and they only serve very regular beers and wines, but I always feel very much at home here. Only open when the weather is good in the summer (yes, here you can make fun of Swedish summer).

Slussen (map) 17 July 2009

8 comments:

VP said...

I like the place and the way you described it and, baking under an unrelenting sun, I'll take any alternative summer without complaining.

B SQUARED said...

Order me a tall cold one, I'll be right over.

Halcyon said...

I think I would like this place!

cieldequimper said...

Gimme a drink please! It's 37° out there! This is the perfect place!

Unknown said...

I would gladly have a beer or a glass of wine there! :-)

Lowell said...

Hey, I wouldn't make fun of Swedish summers. I think they are wonderful. Both days!

svenske floyd said...

Can't imagine how many times I walked by that place without stopping. Now that you recommend it, I will try some time when both lock gates are open and the whole lake is roaring by!

Alexander said...

Interesting post. It brings out locality atmosphere. Great for have a good time.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Your daily dose of Stockholm, Sweden - click on pictures to enlarge!